Hi, I’m Karen
My focus is on creating websites that attract highly-targeted audiences as well as the search engines.
What’s the sense in having a website that no one knows about?
In the early days (I started my website design and development business in 1997), yes, it was true: “If you build it, they will come.”
As more and more businesses in the same segment created their websites, it became harder and harder for my clients to get found. So, I learned about search engine optimization (SEO) in order to help them get ranked higher than the competition.
I attended all the presentations, workshops, and, seminars that were available. Attended PUBCON in Las Vegas year over year. Followed Matt Cutts and attended all of his and other Google staffers’ presentations that I could. Some weeks, on a Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday night, a handful of colleagues and I would drive 2 hours to Trumbull, Connecticut to hear presentations by Google employees and other SEO sages, then discuss what we learned on our 2-hour ride back to Marlborough, MA. …Yeah, we were a little fanatical.
Since then, I’ve:
- Been adding SEO to clients’ websites as I develop new pages and websites for them
- Been adding SEO to websites years after they were built (SEO projects)
- Been providing SEO audits for websites
- Taught clients how to add SEO to their own websites.
- Given public workshops on How to add SEO to your WordPress Website
- Consulted about the effectiveness of businesses’ organic SEO versus (and/or) AdWords campaigns
- Helped clients build their organic traffic so that they could lower their AdWords fees
- Worked on monthly retainers managing businesses’ online presences—researching topics, composing content, and publishing blog posts, as well as maintaining their social media presence; inviting, engaging, and responding with their target audience, just like I would if I were an employee.
- Written a Kindle book (2012), “SEO for WordPress Power Bloggers”
I believe that websites should be working for you while you are occupied. Maybe you are sleeping. Maybe you are on vacation. Maybe you are with a client or working in your business.
I’ve become a fierce advocate for online do-it-yourselfers.
I want to provide you with tools and resources to ensure that your content is working for you when you are otherwise occupied.
And— your content can work for you—and that is the focus of most of the courses on this website.