Shine Bright in 2022!
Attract your ideal clients
around the clock
with my easy DIY SEO system.
Looking for an easy process to attract the right prospects to your website? What if all you needed was a simple list of tasks that everyone can do?
The Simple & Sustainable SEO System online course is an easy way to generate a steady flow of hot leads right from your website.
SEO conjures up scary thoughts in many people’s brains. They think algorithms, metrics, statistics, and the like. All those scary things are manipulation of or measurement of words! Who knows your words better than you?
The Simple & Sustainable SEO System teaches you how to “use your words” so that you generate qualified leads without all the extra work.
I’ve been doing this for my clients for years. Now, I’m sharing my proven system with you.
With my simple SEO process, you complete each task, check it off, and get on with life while more qualified leads come in.
“Your explanation about SEO was excellent and extremely helpful. It made me see SEO in a totally different way, you are an expert in your field for sure.” — Shirley Z., Rhode Island
You’ll learn how to use SEO techniques focused on attracting your “most-desired” audience – not just on increasing traffic in general – but increasing traffic of your high-probability prospects. (Remember that high-probability prospects are ready to buy!)
- Stop burning through time with “tire kickers” and “cost-driven” inquirers
- Start attracting prospects that are actively searching for your service
- Shorten your sales cycle when those you attract are ready to buy
Believe it or not, everyone can do it. You’ll learn to “use your words” in a new way, and, then, it all boils down to following a few repeatable steps…that’s it! After completing the lessons in the course, you’ll have your own custom system to apply to your website. It’s so easy and repeatable, you can apply it to as many websites as you want.
What if your high-probability prospects chose to work with you? It’d feel great, right? Yes!
First they have to find you, and that is what we focus on in the course; using your words to get the search engines to bring you your high-probability prospects. And, when you are successful with that and not burning time with general inquiries, you have time to serve more people, create more relationships, build partnerships, and, develop advocates.
Think SEO is too technical? Think again!
As long as you can work a checklist, you can use this SEO system. First you define your words. Then you learn some SEO rules & regs. Then you revisit your words, tweak if desired, then add them in specific places in your website. Worksheets, cheat sheets, and checklists are provided. You can print them out and cross the steps off as you are adding (or updating) the content on your website. Simple!
If you are a word lover like the logophiles I know: content creators, copywriters, bloggers, and business writers, you’ll easily complete each lesson. Planning, preparing, and serving a Thanksgiving dinner takes way more brain power and effort than adding SEO to your website.
Have you been blogging for years and never experienced the results you wanted?
It happens. Lots of content writers and bloggers focus on the frequency of posting content. While frequency does matter, it’s the actual words (mixed with some other small aspects) that earn you a better rank.
Have you been using unique words, in the right order, in the right locations? Maybe you tried applying a few SEO techniques with marginal success? Have you checked the metric that indicates progress towards your current goal or only the metrics related to “overall traffic” ?
Whatever the case, with this course, you’ll learn to apply simple, high-impact on-page SEO techniques to your content in a way that earns you the biggest reward for your efforts. Dorie Clark says it best in her book Stand Out:
“If you’re going to take the time to create something, you owe it to yourself to make it amazing—and ensure that the right people see your work.”Dorie Clark, Stand Out
That’s what we’re doing here. Learning a new approach to online writing that makes the time and thought you invest in crafting your piece worth it by paying off in an increase in traffic by your high-probability prospects.
It’s a ridiculously simple system that you learn once, and, then reproduce for as many websites as you want. Bliss!
” We all know we need to pay attention to SEO, but for many of us, it can feel mysterious and hard to figure out. Karen Callahan has an incredible knack for breaking down the complex and offering clear explanations and actionable steps you can take to improve your organic search performance.
In her Simple & Sustainable SEO e-course, she guides participants through a step-by-step process for tweaking their site copy and other on-page elements to rank better. She also offers fantastic resources including guest speakers and a Facebook community where you can troubleshoot issues as you go.
I highly recommend taking her course if you want to improve the effectiveness of your website or sites you write for others!”
Ignoring SEO is like leaving money on the table.
Each search engine wants to be THE search engine that everybody uses. In order to do that, they need to consistently present the most relevant web pages that align with a user’s inquiry—but—first, they need to find those web pages.
If you’re not giving the engines what they need in order to properly rank you, then your web pages will never be among the ones that get presented! All those hot prospects will be spending their money somewhere else. Wouldn’t you rather have them spend their money with you? Just by taking this course and applying some basic concepts, you can implement my easy-to-follow strategies to get discovered by the right audience.
So what’s the system?
This is a simple SEO system. You don’t have to be technical to do it! The system is presented in 26 right-sized lessons spread over 7 modules. There are lots of examples, images, and PDF downloads with videos mixed in
Let’s take a look at the course content.
- MOD 1 – WELCOME
An introduction. What will/will not be covered; An explanation of on-page SEO; Tips for getting the most out of the lessons; Vocabulary
- Mod 1 Tools to Help You Succeed
– Online Glossary
- MOD 2 – HOW WILL YOUR PROSPECTS FIND YOU?
This is the most important exercise of the entire course. It is the foundation for all other exercises and becomes the framework for all content on your website. We start by making a list of the search terms that your high-probability prospects will use to find you when they search in Google. Then, we’ll use that list to define the topics that you will write about.
- Mod 2 Tools to Help You Succeed
– Method for how to choose your best search terms
– Practice validating your search terms
– Download: Getting Specific with Search Terms
– Worksheet: Preliminary List of Search Terms
– Worksheet: Finalized List of Search terms
– Worksheet: The Topics you will write about
- MOD 3 – HOW SOME CMS MAY INTERFERE
While you are enthusiastically starting to make changes to your website, it is important to understand how some Content Management Systems (CMS) create situations that can negatively impact your SEO efforts. The purpose of this lesson is to help you understand what can happen and what you can do about it so that you avoid getting sabotaged by your website tool, or, sabotaging yourself.
- Mod 3 Tools to Help You Succeed
– Real-life examples demonstrating the impact of a Post Title
– Real-life examples of the misuse of categories and tags
– List of duplicate-content producing actions
– How search engines evaluate content
– List of Dos and Don’ts that will help you avoid SEO sabotage
- MOD 4 – SEO NUGGETS
Learn about 8 components that the search engines measure when determining your ‘rank’ in the SERPs. These 8 are totally in your control and you use them to train the search engines.
- Mod 4 Tools to Help You Succeed
– Real-life examples of Browser Title manipulation for greater SEO value
– Download: Change the Browser Title using Yoast SEO plugin
– Worksheet: Post Content Structure (How search engines consume content)
– Worksheet: Browser Title
– Worksheet: Appositions
– Video: How to Name Files in order to earn maximum SEO value
– Deep dive reading recommendations
- MOD 5 – WRITING SEO-POWERED CONTENT
This is where we put it all together. You learn where to apply the SEO nuggets, and are introduced to a writing method that includes a checklist for writing SEO-powered content.
- Mod 5 Tools to Help You Succeed
– Online Cheat Sheet: Where to add SEO on your website
– Method: How to Write SEO-Powered Content
– Download: Pre-Publishing Checklist
- MOD 6 – MEASURING SUCCESS
What can be tracked, where the numbers are, numbers we want to increase, numbers we want to decrease, which number are related to which type of goal
- Mod 6 Tools to Help You Succeed
– Real-life examples of metrics
– How to find your website statistics
– Which metric to look at for measuring the current SEO goal
– What to do when you don’t receive positive response from the search engines
– Online tracking tools including How to set up Google accounts
– Download: (Annual) One-Page SEO Goals Plan
– Deep dive reading recommendations
- Mod 7 – WHAT SABOTAGES YOUR SEO EFFORTS?
Gain knowledge about very common situations that blow your SEO efforts out of the water. You’ve completed the course, and, you’ll be working hard to improve your rank in the search engines. Be aware of the circumstances that can impede you earning all that you should from your SEO efforts.
- Mod 7 Tools to Help You Succeed
– Common actions that result in sabotaging your SEO efforts
– Real-life examples of the misuse of search terms
– Real-life examples of useless slugs, text links, and filenames
– How your actions cause Page 404s
– Method for avoiding Page 404s
– Tools for measuring page speed
– Tips for quickening page load time
– Practice: Pretending that you are the SEO advisor to the owner of one of the real-life examples above, write a 3-point recommendation on how to improve the SEO of the most important on-page SEO component on the ‘ineffective’ web page.
Note: Downloads, Worksheets, and, Checklists are in PDF format.
It’s amazing how a few small changes can make a huge difference in getting found, and, I’m excited to see this happen for you!
” The first time through all of the steps, I felt overwhelmed. But, I went back through the course. re-read each lesson, and then started applying the SEO techniques. I especially appreciated the visuals and the checklists.
When prepping my posts, I gave up the clever, chatty titles I had been using. I got much better at structuring my content, heads, and subheads. I honed in on my key phrase from the beginning and used it throughout. And, I applied the helpful hints from Karen to the pictures I was including.
When I logged into WordPress to post my blog, I experienced some immediate improvements. With some attention to the page address and the sections for my key phrases, I very quickly became much more SEO-successful. I saved at least 2 hours per blog post!
This course makes you aware of the hidden SEO components, shows you where they are located, and gives you structure for applying SEO in practice.
Take the course. Spend some time altering how you handle your system. Use the checklists. And, the improvements and time-savings should follow.”
Hi, my name is Karen Callahan, and,
I’m a fierce advocate for online
I feel the greatest joy when two things happen. When a client or student gets that “I got it!” twinkle in their eye and you can see their happiness of understanding through the smile on their face, and then again, I feel all happy inside when she sends me a boastful email inviting me to check out what she just posted. It is wonderfully gratifying to be a part of another’s learning journey.
I’m also a fan of do it yourself when it comes to writing in your blog and maintaining your website. Do what you can, then pay the experts to do what is beyond your skill set. That said, there are lots of professionals and firms that choose to pay the experts to do the entire task in order to free themselves to focus on their expertise. I respect that.
Lots of people don’t fit into that business model, and that is why I am here.
I’m sharing the SEO secrets that I apply to my clients’ websites in order to help them reach their target audiences. Why am I giving those away in this course?
- So I can help more people,
- so more people can help themselves,
- so do-it-yourselfers can remain in control,
- so that professionals can lay the ground work and do the non-technical tasks before hiring SEO pros to take over the heavy lifting, and,
- because I am a do-it-yourself. I believe that everyone can create a website that works for them.
When I started my website design and development business in 1997, it was true, “If you build it, they will come.” It was easy for my clients to get found.As the web matured and more businesses came online, it became more challenging for my clients (as well as every other business) to get found over their competition. I set my intention to help my clients “get found” over their competition.
For years, I immersed myself in all the seminars, conferences, and SEO education I could find. I used that information to help my clients create online presences that attract their high-probability prospects 24×7, even while they are busy working with other clients or on vacation.
Some of the businesses that I have helped get more visibility on the Internet include:
- Personal injury attorneys in Marlborough, MA and Worcester, MA
- A North Shore Massachusetts kitchen remodeler
- A statewide bus and limo transportation firm headquartered in Shrewsbury, MA
- A Mars & Venus-based counseling center in New Jersey
- A travel agent in Northborough, MA
- Multiple yoga studios in Cambridge and Western MA
- Multiple business coaches in Massachusetts, Florida, and Connecticut
- A CrossFit box in Marlborough, MA
- A landscaping firm in Hudson, MA
- A Mass. State Rep
- An independent Amsoil dealer repping northern MA and southern NH
- and many more!
Look at the wide variety of businesses. SEO is SEO. It is impartial to industry. This system can be applied to each and every business.
Now, after years of helping my clients build their organic traffic through on-page SEO, I am sharing my system in order to be able to help even more businesses achieve their online visibility goals.
SEO has so much mystery surrounding it. The truth is, it all comes down to words. I want to debunk the myths and show people how to use the right words in the right order in the right places. Simple.
No longer will you have to search for, “How to use my website to get business?” You’ll be using your words to educate Google so that it brings you high-probability prospects and sends the time-burning tire kickers to the rest.
Okay, I’m sold… but what if I need extra help?
The best part about this course is that you’re not alone! As questions arise, you’ll have all the support you need to create a tailored SEO system for your business.
The Private Facebook Group
When you sign up for the course, you’ll be invited to join our exclusive Facebook group where you can ask questions and get answers in our private forum. You will be interacting with other SEO DIYers coming up to speed just like you, some who have completed the course, and, naturally, I’ll be weighing in. You will have access to all conversations—current and from previous participants—and updated information, day and night. Session videos and downloadable PDFs of bonus deep dives will also be available via our private Facebook group.
Weekly Q&A with Our Live Sessions
Want more support? No problem! The course includes weekly 2-hour online Live Sessions. We’ll start the sessions with a review of the homework and Q&A. The second hour will be devoted to the new material in the week’s lesson (unit).
When there are few questions and extra time, we take a deep dive into one of the SEO nuggets in order to learn advanced actions we can take—or — have guest presenters that teach us how to extend our influence on the Internet.
All materials shared in the group are extra resources that are available to you to add to your personal SEO library. Occasionally, previous Q&A sessions will be available.
Most business owners, service professionals, and entrepreneurs are busy—that’s why this course offers the flexibility to complete the training and develop your , you will have the bonus of access to all the newest materials and content updates.
You have lifetime access to the Facebook group, and, I hope you will, and, I invite you to continue to participate, sharing your experience and wisdom for those who are just coming onboard and at other stages in the learning experience.
FAQs & Logistics
- What is your investment? $997/pp
- How do you sign up? Click one of the Sign me Up buttons or this link
- What do you get? Online course instruction, weekly instructor-led sessions, downloadable worksheets, checklists, and documents, private Facebook group for open discussion, help, and additional materials, lifetime access to the FB group, 12-month access to the Course and all materials, including the fresh updates and new materials.
- Dates: We’ll meet 6 weeks in a row April 7, 2022 through May 12, 2022.
- Location: Zoom
- Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST.
- What is the course format? Q&A, Informal lecture, Individual work time; Each instructor-led session will be 2 hours. During the first hour, we’ll go over homework and answer questions. During the second hour, I’ll introduce the new material and we’ll get started on the exercises.
- You learn a system that can be reused on any number of websites. The subject matter changes but the system does not.
- Optional meeting on May 19th, depending on participants’ interest.
- Additional (related and advanced) PDF downloads and video recordings.
- Free participation in the post-course 90-Day SEO Challenge. ($157.00 value).
Using my SEO system, my clients get more business than they can handle!
Imagine getting so much new business that you need to turn customers away? That’s what this SEO system can do for you. My client Sherrill is a perfect example.
Sherrill, a local personal injury attorney who wanted to use her website to get more business, hired a marketing agency to write blog posts for her. The agency used canned content and scheduled, generic social broadcasts in order to increase Sherrill’s “organic reach” and “brand recognition”. Twelve months later, there had been lots of busy work that produced meager results.
During that year, Sherrill and I had met at several networking events. We planned a one to one, and, it was then that Sherrill told me about her experience with the agency, and she wanted me to weigh in on that.
Instead, I told her about my SEO approach: using the right words in the right order in the right places, creating SEO-powered content that works for you 24×7.
I started working with Sherrill the next Monday. We took benchmark metrics, then implemented my SEO system within the first month.
After 18 months, Sherrill had so much steady business coming in, that she had to stop all the blogging and social media posts and engagement. She was turning away clients!
A year later, Sherrill was still getting qualified inquiries from the internet —all due to the simple SEO tactics that we had put in place.
After her retirement, Sherrill continued to receive phone calls from accident victims who found her in Google. She asked me to make it stop…We concluded that she should change her phone number 🙂
Are you ready to start attracting a steady flow of high-probability prospects? Maybe more than you can handle?
Over the past 20 years, I’ve done the legwork: the research, the testing, the measuring. Now I’ve packaged my system up into a simple course so you can create your easy and repeatable process, and simply follow the steps going forward!
No need for hours of work each month trying to get SEO to work for you. With this course, you’ll create one repeatable process for success, and let your website do the work for you.
THIS IS THE PAYMENT STRUCTURE FOR THE FALL SESSION.
|June 29,2022 –|
July 13, 2022
|July 14, 2022 –|
September 6, 2022
|YOU PAY:||EARLY BIRD PRICE|
To be revealed soon!